Sunday, November 3, 2019

Event Run Around the Field Translation Part 10/11



Part 7 / Part 8 / Part 9 / Part 10 / Epilogue

Characters appearing:


Others: Meguru



Tsuzuru: It's the first time I saw you crying so much.

Meguru: Shut up. I'm just not used to watching theater.

Tsuzuru: Everyone was so happy to be praised by you. Though they were turned off by how excited you were.

Meguru: That's just how moved I was. All of you were amazing. I didn't think soccer can be conveyed so smoothly through acting.

Meguru: Everyone is skilled at both acting and soccer.

Tsuzuru: Well, thanks

Meguru: That joke about the 500 yen though. I didn't think you'll use it like that.

Tsuzuru: Ah, that one.

Meguru: And the smoking bit. So you noticed I started smoking.

Tsuzuru: I noticed the smell, obviously.

Meguru: …and still, why was the protagonist of a story written for me a FW.

Tsuzuru: For me, the way you were back then was the most striking after all, I guess.

Tsuzuru: Not just because the FW position is like the main actor, but because the way you chased after your dream with everything you had was so cool.

Tsuzuru: I liked watching the balls you kicked making it to the goal.

Meguru: ….

Tsuzuru: You'll score a goal in the World Cup one day right.

Meguru: No way, I'm a defense player you know.

Tsuzuru: It doesn't matter. You're going to do it. That's what my cheering is about.

Meguru: --.

Tsuzuru: (Even if you're not the best FW in Japan, for me, you're still my big brother. My pride and joy)

Meguru: …alright.

Meguru: I made up my mind---!!

Tsuzuru: !?

Meguru: Four years from now, I'll participate in the World Cup as a FW. I'll ask the coach for a position change.

Tsuzuru: Eh…

Meguru: It might be impossible right away.

Meguru: I know it's going to be tough competing for the position with the guys who has been playing as FW all this time.

Meguru:
But you see, I want to be the coolest for you Tsuzuru.

Tsuzuru: Are you serious.

Meguru: Yeah. If I'm going to quit eventually, I should try going after my dream one more time.

Tsuzuru: Is that really okay to just decide something like that.

Meguru: I'll talk it over with my wife too. I'll ask her to support me again for the next four years.

Tsuzuru: I see.

Meguru: Now that it's decided, I have to go back and tell her!

Tsuzuru: It's your birthday next month, so you better come home too.

Meguru: --ah! I would like to see that play again. The one you performed that one time.

Meguru: When we talked the other day, I realized that watching that play was my driving force for chasing my dreams.

Tsuzuru: No but, such a childish play—.

Meguru: Still, I have many feelings for that play. It's the origin of my dream.

Meguru: If I see it again, it would be as if I returned to that time, and it'll give me power to work again for the upcoming four years.

Tsuzuru: Got it.

Tsuzuru: But… we don't have enough actors for that.

~~~ 

Tasuku: Here we go.

*kicks*

Tsuzuru: ….

Tasuku: --.

*kicks*

Tsuzuru: --oops.

Tasuku: Nice catch there.

Tsuzuru: Well, yeah.

Tsuzuru: We have two shows tomorrow, don't you want to let your body rest?

Tasuku: This performance is making me want to play soccer, I can't stay still. If I don't move my body I can't fall asleep.

Tsuzuru: Well, it might be good to play with a ball, as to not forget the touch.

Tasuku: It would be terrible if we drop the ball off stage after all.

Tsuzuru: You took the words out of my mouth.

Tasuku: There were some close calls on the first day.

Tsuzuru: Oh right, at the very beginning--.

Tasuku: And also we have to watch out from focusing too much on the ball, causing the acting to be smaller.

Tasuku: If it effects our acting badly, we better stop with the ball altogether.

Tsuzuru: Yes.

Tasuku: Why are you smiling?

Tsuzuru: I just thought you're acting the usual even when playing soccer.

Tasuku: What does it even mean.

Tsuzuru: My brother praised you too.

Tasuku: Yeah, he was so excited back in the green room. It's thanks to the power of the script too.

Tsuzuru: I wrote it with the intention of dedicating it to my brother, but to think it'll actually reach him so strongly, it's making me both happy and embarrassed…

Tasuku: Just be happy about it honestly.

Tsuzuru: Yes.

Tsuzuru: The truth is, it wasn't the first time I wrote a play for my brother.

Tsuzuru: A long time ago, when I was in grade school, we performed a script I wrote for his birthday.

Tasuku: Heh, it's the origin of Minagi huh.

Tsuzuru: It is, I guess… I see, so it's my origin too.

Tsuzuru: I guess that that's why. That's the reason I like writing when it's for someone else.

Tsuzuru: It's the same when I write a role especially for a specific actor, but I also enjoy writing a script born from the thoughts about someone.

Tsuzuru: I know I shouldn't always do that because it narrows the options but…

Tsuzuru: This time I was happy I could do that, after you gave me a push Takato-san.

Tasuku: It might be bad to always write after a specific actor, and it's true that you can't develop if you don't challenge themes you're bad at.

Tasuku: Yet, I also love the scripts you write especially for someone else.

Tasuku: I've been playing roles written by many different writers, and in your stories there's this human touch only you can write.

Tasuku: Because your scripts are like this Minagi, it makes me want to continue acting to them from now on too.

Tsuzuru: --thank you so much.

Tsuzuru: We have to get through this performance first, but someday I also want to play together with you in a play I wrote especially for you Takato-san.

Tasuku: There're many more similar points between us after all.

Tsuzuru: Like how we both worked in a gas station.

Tasuku: Maybe we'll get that manager to make a cameo in it.

Tsuzuru: I can see him pushing shifts onto me again.

Tasuku: I can see it so vividly it's scary.

Tsuzuru:
There are also many "gas station workers things" we can use.

Tasuku: True that.


No comments:

Post a Comment