Sunday, July 14, 2019

Event Run Around the Field Translation Part 1/11




Characters appearing:

 



Others: Meguru, Manager



Classmate: Say, we're going to play at the park after school, wanna come?

Tsuzuru: Hmm, I’ll pass.

Classmate: Cram school? Studying?

Tsuzuru: There's a book I want to borrow, so I'm going to the library.

Classmate: Hmm.

Tsuzuru: See you later.

Classmare: See you. Bye bye.

Upperclassman A: Ah, there he is.

Upperclassman B: It's him right.

Tsuzuru: ?

Upperclassman A: Say, you're Meguru-kun's little brother right?

Tsuzuru: Eh… I am.

Upperclassman B: Wanna join our team?

Upperclassman A: You good at soccer?

Tsuzuru: N-No, I won’t join. I'm just average at soccer too.

Upperclassman A: Heh. We're going to play soccer at the school yard right now, wanna join?

Tsuzuru: Um, I'm going to the library…

Upperclassman B: Then, some other time.

Tsuzuru: (I guess they're fifth graders like Meguru. They look nothing like us first years, they're a bit scary too…)

Tsuzuru: --.

Upperclassman A: Ah, he left.

Upperclassman B: See you.

Tsuzuru: (So even the fifth graders know I'm Meguru's little brother. I wonder if he told them himself…)

~~~

Teacher: Gather around. Today for P.E we will be playing soccer.

Teacher: Oh, you're Minagi's little brother right. Your teammates will be lucky.

Tsuzuru: (Why did he have to go and say that…)

Classmate A: Who is Minagi?

Classmate B: Minagi Meguru from fifth grade, he's super good at soccer.

Classmate C:
Eh! You're Minagi Meguru's brother!? Amazing!

Tsuzru: No, that's not really…

~~~

Classmate A: Go!

Classmate B: You can do it!

Classmate C: Minagi, shoot!

Tsuzuru: --.

Classmate C: Aah, he missed.

Classmate A: So Minagi Meguru's little brother is just this good.

Classmate B: What, he isn't such a big deal.

Tsuzuru:

~~~

Tsuzuru: (Just because I'm Meguru's brother, doesn’t mean I'm good at soccer)

Tsuzuru:
(Why do I have to hear those things, just because I'm his little brother)

Meguru's classmate: Go! Meguru!

Meguru: --.

Meguru's classmate: Yay! Goal!

Meguru: Alright!

Tsuzuru: (It's Meguru… he really is good at soccer)

Meguru: Ah, it's Tsuzuru! Heeey!

Tsuzuru: (He's waving at me so carelessly, but whose fault is it that I'm having this bad time)

Tsuzuru: Huh…

Tsuzuru: (Let's just go home…)

~~~

Meguru: Tsuzuru! Let's go home together.

Meguru: I saw you just now from the school yard and I waved to you, you didn’t notice?

Tsuzuru: …I did notice.

Meguru: So you did.

Meguru: How is school? Did you make friends?

Tsuzuru:

Tsuzuru: (Because of Meguru everyone raises their expectations of me as they please, so I end up disappointing my friends)

Tsuzuru: Big brother… teach me soccer.

Meguru: Eh? Soccer?

Tsuzuru: 'Cause we played soccer in P.E today.

Meguru: Alright! Leave it to me!

~~~

Meguru: That's right, just like this. Don't strain yourself when you kick the ball.

Tsuzuru: -- *kicks*

Meguru: Oh, this one was great. You have a sense for it don'tcha think?

Tsuzuru: You're overreacting.

Meguru: I'm serious, you have talent. As expected from my brother!

Tsuzuru: You're too high spirited.

Meguru: By the way, you're getting pocket money right?

Tsuzuru: Yeah.

Meguru: How nice, it's so early. I got it only starting third grade.

Tsuzuru: It's only 500yen a month, I can't even eat out with friends.

Meguru: But it's better than nothing.

Meguru:
Well, in my case my shoes get worn out quickly so it's pricey. Can't be helped.

Meguru: Hey, this month I'm having it rough so lend me 500yen.

Tsuzuru: You'll never give them back so nope.

Meguru: You're even saving your New Year money so this little of a sum is fine right.

Tsuzuru: You should just save money too Meguru.

Meguru: Would've been nice if I could do that.

Tsuzuru: That's called "you reap what you sow".

Meguru: You know some tough phrases huh.

~~~

Omi: Nice clear!

Tasuku: It will get dark soon. Let's call it a day.

Azami: On what day is the futsal tournament next month?

Tsuzuru: The 25th, a Sunday.

Omi: It's just before the World Cup so it makes things more exciting.

Azami: By the way, are they announcing the members this week?

Tsuzuru:
No, next week. Right now they're holding a training camp.

Tasuku: Meguru-san is attending too right?

Tsuzuru: Yes. At the end of the camp there are international goodwill matches, they will select the members then.

Azami: Minagi will surely get in.

Omi: He's still young but his pro career is going well, the rumors say high chances he'll get in.

Tsuzuru: My family is all excited about it, but I wonder if it's true. We have to wait until the announcement.

Tasuku: We have to choose our fifth member too.

Omi:
Banri said he might have school business on that day.

Azami: Saying that, who is it leaving us with…

Tasuku: Maybe we should hold a training camp too.

Tsuzuru: Haha, you're right. Seems like we won't be able to decide otherwise.

~~~

Izumi: Guys, is everyone here? Let's start the meeting then.

Izumi: With the sixth performances ending, everyone has had a chance to play a lead role…

Izumi: So, I thought about doing something a bit different next.

Sakyo: It is great we were able to complete all performances successfully.

Sakyo: However, precisely because there's an established style for each Troupe and the quality is stable, we need something that would become a stimulus for us.

Tenma: True, if we want to win the Fleur award, we better have something that would help us grow.

Tsumugi: In that sense, the mix performance made for a really good stimulus.

Banri: Oh yeah, it was different from an Autumn Troupe performance, and it was fun to actually perform with people whose performance we usually only watch.

Tsumugi: Each Troupe has its own practice ways, thought process and approach for the roles, so there's much to learn.

Tsuzuru:
Even for the script, I had to keep away from each Troupe's usual style, it was refreshing.

Izumi: A mixed performance huh… it might be good!

Manager: It's like an all-stars festival, the audience will surely be happy!

Sakuya:
I also want to try and perform with members from different troupes!

Sakyo: Everyone should experience it at least once, but we will need just as much scripts for that to happen.

Izumi: Hmm… that would be too much of a burden for Tsuzuru-kun.

Tsuzuru: There are a few plots I wrote as practice, so if I use them it would be fine somehow.

Tenma: So there were some turned down scripts?

Tsuzuru: There were some with a theme that just wouldn't fit with any Troupe, they were unsuitable for a Troupe performance so I put them on hold.

Banri:
Well, looks like it's time they see the light of day again.

Sakuya: I can't wait to see something different that Tsuzuru-kun wrote!

Manager: Maybe we should even create a season ticket for mix performances!

Tsumugi: It would be nice if it causes people who usually watch only their favorite Troupe, to enjoy the acting of the other Troupes too.

Izumi: I think it would be tough with the scripts though, is it fine?

Tsuzuru: I have so much I want to write, so I'm actually happy.

Izumi: I'm glad to hear that!

Sakyo: So, what will the next performance be about?

Tsuzuru: For now, I will try to use a plot I've started to write before.

Izumi: Since it's a chance, I want to see a theme that Tsuzuru-kun really wants to write about, and not something that fits the style of a certain Troupe or actor.

Tsuzuru: Eh, I can write whatever I want?

Izumi: Of course! I can't wait to see it.

Tsuzuru: Yes!

No comments:

Post a Comment