Sunday, July 14, 2019

Event Run Around the Field Translation Part 3/11


Part 1 / Part 2 / Part 3 / Part 4 / Part 5 / Part 6

Part 7 / Part 8  / Part 9 / Part 10 / Epilogue

Characters appearing:



Others: Meguru






Tsuzuru: Recently the boys from the soccer club invite me to play with them on break time.

Tsuzuru: Today we played too, and I managed to shoot.

Meguru: That's amazing.

Tsuzuru: It's because you're teaching me.

Meguru: I told you you've got a talent for it right. You're my brother after all.

Tsuzuru: Sure sure.

Meguru: But once I enroll to junior high, I'll be busy with club activities, and I probably won't be able to teach you much.

Meguru: The soccer club of that middle school is strong, but I heard the training there is harsh.

Tsuzuru: I see…

Meguru: I'm happy to have you Tsuzuru.

Meguru: Our big brother doesn't like sports, we have different interests. And Kaoru has a weak body right. Tsuzuru is the only one I can play soccer with.

Meguru: On weekends, or when I have days off from the club, let's play soccer together.

Tsuzuru: Forget about me, just work hard in your club.

Meguru: …yeah. Thank you.

Tsuzuru: --.

Meguru: Tsuzuru is going to the center! He passes it to Meguru…

Meguru: Goal! It's a hat trick for Meguru!

Tsuzuru: For real? You're doing your own live coverage?

Meguru: Hey, don’t make fun of me! Someday, I will really make a goal in the World Cup!

Tsuzuru: Sure sure.


~~~ 

Sakuya: I've brought your futon!

Masumi: Then, I'll be going.

Meguru: Sorry for taking your bed…

Masumi: I don't mind.

Citron: Once in a while it's nice sleeping with Sakuya and Masumi, with no outsiders!

Tsuzuru: This phrase would work better for us brothers right.

Sakuya: Then, goodnight!

Citron: Goodnight!

Tsuzuru:
Big bro, I laid out the futon.

Meguru: …they won't ask anything huh.

Tsuzuru: Well, it happens from time to time, people coming to stay here like that.

Meguru: Is that so.

Tsuzuru: But it's time you tell me what happened don’t you think.

Meguru: ….

Meguru: They told me I wasn’t chosen for the national team…

Meguru:
I told my wife, who has supported me until now with food and so on, to go back to her parents' and take it easy for a while.

Meguru: I was home alone, and when the time for the press conference got closer, I just couldn’t sit still, see.

Meguru: Tsuzuru's face popped in my head, and I ended up here.

Meguru:
Dad and the rest of the family really expected things from me right. It's tough for me to go back to their place.

Meguru: Sorry for imposing on you so suddenly.

Tsuzuru:
I don't mind but…

Tsuzuru: Are you serious about giving up on becoming a soccer player?

Meguru: …I've worked so hard until now with my eyes set on the upcoming World Cup.

Meguru: I was stretching around a string and it snapped, it's this kinda feeling.

Tsuzuru: Stretching around*? You meant you strained it right.

Meguru: Haha, exactly.

Tsuzuru: But you can still make it to the next World Cup in four years, age-wise.

Meguru: Well yeah. But can I work hard again with the same feeling as before? I'm not confident about it.

Meguru: It's not like I hate soccer now, so I thought about becoming a soccer coach for kids.

Tsuzuru: But that's still…

Meguru: It's time we go to bed.

Meguru: Can you explain it to Director and everyone else? They're probably worried about it.

Tsuzuru: …got it.

~~~ 

Tsuzuru: …and that's the story, so is it okay for him to stay in my room for a while?

Tsuzuru: Seems like he got a vacation from his team.

Izumi: Of course, I don't mind but… is Meguru-san okay?

Tsuzuru: I think that if he rests, his feeling will change.

Izumi: Is that so…

Tasuku: ….

Itaru: Is Meguru-san staying again for a while?

Tsuzuru: Yes, it might be troublesome, but please take care of us.

Notes:
*He's making a pun on his own name, "Meguru", which means to go around. It's also the same "around" as in the title.


Next chapter >>

No comments:

Post a Comment