Sunday, July 21, 2019

Event Run Around the Field Translation Part 6/11


Part 1 / Part 2 / Part 3 / Part 4 / Part 5 / Part 6


Characters appearing:



Others: Meguru



Tasuku: *kicks* 

Omi: So you were here too Tasuku-san. 

Tasuku: Yeah, I felt like moving my body a little. Thanks for the smoothie. 

Omi: No problem. 

Tsuzuru: …. 

Tasuku: What's wrong? 

Tsuzuru: It's just… I've had a fight with my brother. 

Tsuzuru: He started saying that he wants to quit being a player and become a coach after all. 

Tsuzuru: Looks like he got confident in his coaching ability after the soccer class today. 

Tasuku: My bad. I meant for it to remind him the fun of soccer, but I see it had the opposite effect. 

Tsuzuru: Not at all! You went out of your way to help us Takato-san. That stupid big bro… 

Omi: I bet Meguru-san has a lot going inside his head. 

Omi: But it was the first time I saw Tsuzuru having a fight with someone, so it was somehow refreshing. You really are brothers. 

Tsuzuru: When Masumi and I joined the company, we had some really harsh arguments though. 

Omi: Masumi is also a bit like a little brother right. 

Tasuku: By the way, you have little brothers too right Fushimi. 

Omi: Yes. 

Tsuzuru: What are your brothers like? 

Omi: Recently they're working hard on house chores. They said they now understand how difficult it must have been for me, and they thanked me. 

Tsuzuru: Heh, that's admirable. 

Omi: They are a bit more honest with me than with our dad. 

Tasuku: Yeah, it happens sometimes. 

Omi: Like stuff that only the siblings know, and not even their own parents. 

Omi: Juza and Kumon seem to be this way too. 

Tsuzuru: I agree. 

Tsuzuru: …about that promise we talked about earlier. 

Tasuku: Promise? 

Omi: The one Meguru-san said he couldn’t keep. 

Tsuzuru: Yes. 

Tsuzuru: The truth is… it's my fault. 

~~~ 

Meguru: …I'm sorry. Are you going to be okay with the housework? 

Meguru: Kaoru's really gotten himself together, but he still have much to learn, I'm really sorry for leaving you with all the burden. 

Tsuzuru: Just forget it and go on being selfish, following your dreams. 

Meguru: …thank you. 

Meguru: You can use my room. 

Tsuzuru: I don't need it. We'll use it as a space for the little ones' toys. 

Meguru: I see. 

Tsuzuru: --hm. 

Meguru: ? What's that? 

Tsuzuru: A farewell gift. 

Meguru: Soccer shoes? From you Tsuzuru? 

Tsuzuru: Who else can it be from. 

Meguru: --is that really okay? You've saved your pocket money all this time right. 

Tsuzuru: There isn't something else that I want so. 

Tsuzuru: Your shoes get worn out right away right. The best FW in his high school can't play it cool with shoes full of holes. 

Tsuzuru: You're going to become the best right. 

Meguru: Obviously. Just wait until New Year. I'm going to become a regular member as a first year, and play in the national stadium! 

Tsuzuru: Sure you are. 

Meguru: And someday, I'll become a FW for the national team. It's a promise. 

Tsuzuru: That's a big promise. Well, I'll be waiting but keeping my expectations low. 

~~~ 

Meguru: …fuu. 

Azami: Is it alright for a soccer player to be smoking. 

Meguru: …Ah, my bad my bad, I'll put it out. 

Meguru: It happens just from time to time lately. Please don't tell Tsuzuru. 

Azami: Roger. 

Azami: Thank you for today. I had lots of fun. 

Meguru: Same here. I haven’t had this much fun in a while. 

Azami: You really are amazing Meguru-san. 

Meguru: I think you're pretty skilled yourself Azami. You in your school soccer club? 

Azami: No… I just play as a hobby, I'm not in a club. 

Azami: My old man always told me to do manly things, there was a time I played soccer 'cause I thought he wouldn't be able to complain then. 

Meguru: Oh. I think you're already manly enough Azami. 

Azami: I've been told that a man doing makeup isn't manly. 

Meguru: Makeup? You mean, you're doing the makeup for the performances? 

Azami: Yup. My dream is to become a pro hair and makeup artist, I forced my way through my old man's objections and ran away from home. 

Meguru: You ran away from home? Seriously. 

Azami: In the end I got him to agree. 

Meguru: Persuading your parents and going after your dreams after that is amazing. 

Azami: Meguru-san you also became a DF good enough to be considered for the national team. 

Meguru: Well yeah… but, I wasn't able to exactly carry out my dream. 

Azami: Eh? 

Meguru: …you know, until the midway of high school, I was a FW.


No comments:

Post a Comment