Monday, February 22, 2021

SSR Omi Backstage Adaptable Estoque Translation Part 2/3

The Secret for a Perfect Food Report

Part 1 / Part 2 / Part 3



Characters appearing:








Izumi: Something smells good here…

Omi: Great timing, Director. I'm just done cooking.

Taichi: Yay! Tonight we're eating paella!

Omi: There's also gazpacho and Basque cheesecake for dessert.

Banri: All kinds of Spanish cuisine huh.

Omi: There're three types of the main dish, paella.

Izumi: Spanish cuisine... can it be because you're in charge of the restaurant introduction?

Omi: Yeah.

Omi: I would feel bad for the person who made the dishes if I can't introduce them well, so I ended up making a lot.

Izumi: That's our Omi-kun.

Omi: I thought I might come up with something while I was cooking…

Taichi: And, did you think of something?

Omi: Well… I thought I had to make it delicious so I cooked many types.

Banri: So basically, you couldn’t come up with anything to say.

Omi: Haha, you're right actually. So if possible I would like to hear your opinions about it.

Taichi: Leave the food report to us!

Omi: Thank you. Sorry for making you go along with my whims.

Banri: It's fine, your cooking is great so it's chill.

Sakyo: I don't know if I can do it well, but I'll give you a hand.

Taichi: Awright, let's do our best with the food report, for Omi-kun!

Taichi: Let's eat then!

Taichi
: Hmm! This one is super good! I can eat tons from it~!

Izumi: Yup! It's really good!

Banri: You two said nothing but "good". Will this kinda food report really be useful for Omi?

Taichi: It's hard coming up for something other than "good" when something's good~!

Sakyo: What about you Settsu, I'm sure you can come up with a great food report.

Banri: Ahh-, well, pretty sure I can do it better than you.

Sakyo: What did you say?

Omi: There there. Please eat it while it's hot, guys.

Izumi: (Hmm… it really is hard to give a food report. I wonder if it helped him…?)

~~~

Izumi: (It's almost time for Omi's shooting…)

Izumi: Wait, Omi-kun?

Omi: Ah, Director.

Izumi: Are you going somewhere?

Omi: Actually, I thought about going to grab something to eat. At the Spanish restaurant over there.

Izumi: Spanish restaurant?

Omi: The shooting is getting closer right? I'm worried I wouldn’t be able to give a good introduction, so I thought I might practice.

Izumi: Is that so. That's right! Can I come with you?

Omi: You want to come too?

Izumi
: Yup! Since I couldn't tell you my thoughts very well the other day when you cooked for us--.

Izumi: If you don't mind, I would like you to let me take revenge.

Omi: I see now. You shouldn't mind that though.

Omi: But I would feel more confident if you come with me, Director. Let's go then.

Izumi: Sure!

~~~

Staff: Sorry to keep you waiting, here is your paella.

Izumi: It looks delicious! Thank you!

Omi: Thank you.

Izumi: …Hm, it's good! The one you cooked was good too, Omi-kun, but starting with the rice, you can tell it's different from Japanese white rice.

Omi: Yeah, you can also feel the dashi, it's good.

Manager
: Here is your ajillo.

Izumi: Thank you very much.

Omi: This paella is very good. Is it made of wild rice?

Manager: Yes, amazing you could tell.

Manager: We tried many variations, but in the end the only rice that didn't lose to the dashi in this meal was the wild rice.

Omi: I see… is there something you use for the base of the dashi? Except for the seafood, I also feel the taste of vegetables.

Manager: Ohh, you realized that too. We're actually using ñora.

Omi: Ahh, I see. You're using ñora.

Izumi: Ñora…?

Omi: It's Spanish red paprika. Usually you soak the dried peppers in hot water before using it. Once you do that, the taste becomes richer.

Izumi: I see, first time I hear of it.

Manager: You're really knowledgeable. Are you cooking as well?

Omi: Yes. But when I make it myself it doesn’t come out this good… your words were very helpful.

Manager: Not at all, it made me feel fortunate to be a chef when you noticed all those things.

Manager: Then enjoy your meal.

Izumi: You're amazing, Omi-kun!

Omi: Hm? What is amazing?

Izumi: That conversation just now! It was filled with things I didn’t notice or didn’t know about.

Izumi: As I thought, it's something only someone like Omi-kun who has the point of view of a cook can do. The manager looked very happy too.

Omi: Is that so.

Izumi: It is! As someone who eats the food, hearing this cook's-talk before eating made it more delicious somehow…

Omi: I see…


No comments:

Post a Comment